Guide to Chicago
From its iconic skyline to the rich history that courses through its streets, Chicago is a city bursting with energy and culture. Nestled on the shores of Lake Michigan, this vibrant metropolis is known not just for its architectural marvels and world-class museums, but also for its culinary delights that tell a tale of the diverse communities calling Chicago home. Whether you’re here for business or leisure, take a moment to savor the flavors and discover the highlights that make Chicago truly unique.
Discover Chicago’s Highlights
Every corner of Chicago holds a surprise, an adventure waiting to be embarked upon:
- The Art Institute of Chicago: Witness an art collection that spans centuries and continents, from the impressionists to modern-day maestros.
- Millennium Park and Cloud Gate: Reflect on art and nature at the iconic “Bean” and the beautifully landscaped park surrounding it.
- Navy Pier: Dive into fun with carnival rides, boat tours, and a plethora of entertainment options.
- Magnificent Mile: Indulge in a shopping spree on this glamorous stretch of Michigan Avenue, brimming with luxury stores and gastronomic delights.
- Willis Tower Skydeck: Elevate your perspective with panoramic views from the heart of the city.
- Riverwalk: Wander alongside the meandering Chicago River, flanked by cafes, bars, and vibrant art.
- Architectural Boat Tour: Glide through Chicago’s heart and learn about the giants of architecture that define the city’s skyline.
- Museum Campus: Satisfy your curiosity at renowned institutions like the Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, and Field Museum.
Savor the Flavors of Chicago
Chicago’s culinary scene is as diverse as its inhabitants. Each bite tells a story, each plate a testament to the city’s rich cultural tapestry.
- Deep-Dish Pizza: An iconic Chicago creation. Dive into the thick crust and savor the cheese and toppings. Head to Lou Malnati’s, Giordano’s, or Pequod’s Pizza for an authentic taste.
- Chicago-style Hot Dogs: A riot of flavors with a variety of toppings served on a poppy seed bun. Taste this local delight at Portillo’s or Superdawg.
- Italian Beef Sandwich: Dive into a flavorful sandwich with thinly sliced roast beef, soaked in au jus and served on an Italian roll. Al’s Beef and Portillo’s come highly recommended.
- Diverse International Cuisine: Embark on a culinary journey by exploring vibrant neighborhoods like Chinatown, Greektown, and Pilsen for a variety of authentic international dishes.
- Be sure to also check out ATIS’s guides to dining near the Palmer House and dining near the Hilton Chicago, as well as casual dining and grocery options convenient to both hotels.
Remember to always check official websites and local advisories before planning your adventure, ensuring a safe and memorable experience.
Welcome, and immerse yourself in the wonders of Chicago!
Looking for more ideas? Check out Hilton’s Traveling Insiders’s Guide to Chicago.